Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is any safety equipment workers wear to prevent injury in the workplace when engineering and administrative controls fail to eliminate the hazard.
Training is required by OSHA regulations contained in 29CFR 1910.132-140.
After going through training you will know:
- When PPE is necessary
- What PPE is necessary
- How to properly don, doff, adjust and wear PPE
- The limitations of PPE
- The proper care, maintenance, useful life, and disposal of the PPE
What is this training based on?
- Supervisors and/or safety officers from your specific work unit conducted a hazard assessment to determine any and all jobs that would require the use of PPE.
- This information was then consolidated into one document.
- PPE that shows up on Appendix C is required to be worn.